Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Motorsport Engineering Services

https://www.facebook.com/motorsportengineeringservices/

Have used them before for other things, and have been meaning to get to him but with lockdown and all have not. also found his information via this site so +1 PF for a decent recommendation
    CISCOKIDS
    The Gentlemen's Club
    Midnight Rocker

Comment

Derek is a fucking legend. Period. Full of knowledge. Seen it all. Done it all. Reliable as all heck.

Not sure he has the capacity to make driveshafts from scratch but absolutely would NOT surprise me.

Comment

Originally posted by sssgtr View Post

Contacted Frank about a one off LSD based off one of his Pulsar LSDs. Basically told me to fuck off because he was "too busy".
        I wouldn't recommend anyone bother with him.
        Similar attitude I got, but in jest. He sent me some sample ARB blades (for free, though I bought other stuff) to dummy up for measurements etc.

Having done that, I've now tried to contact him multiple times to tell him what I need to get made, he hasn't gotten back to me or isn't interested. So the blades which were meant to be sent back will stay here until he does, even though I can't use them.

Comment

Originally posted by BLO 767 View Post
          Derek is a fucking legend. Period. Full of knowledge. Seen it all. Done it all. Reliable as all heck.

Not sure he has the capacity to make driveshafts from scratch but absolutely would NOT surprise me.
          Ill probably get in touch with him to manufacture some new hubs if the driveshaft fuckery route is too hard.

He used to build cars for Larry Perkins?

Comment

Rang the guy above, super nice and sounds legit, will send him some drawings for him to check out.
            3D scanning
            3D modelling
            Structural certification
            3 and 5 axis milling

Comment

Originally posted by sssgtr View Post

Ill probably get in touch with him to manufacture some new hubs if the driveshaft fuckery route is too hard.

He used to build cars for Larry Perkins?
              I don't know much about his past TBH, except that he's been around Aussie Motorsport for decades. Find any famous Oz race car and you can be sure he had something to do with it / built something for it / helped set it up.

Big into Sports Sedan AFAIK. The important thing is he's an absolute gun machinist / fabricator and only knows how to do things one way - the right way.
              Last edited by BLO 767; 25-09-21, 11:41 PM.

Comment

I will be going to him for some axle/driveshaft work. to turn my trusty old Toyota gearbox speed sensor into individual wheel sensors.

what I enjoyed about working with him was his advice, I have had a lot of issues with machinists/fabricators etc doing what I ask but not offering any advice and of course, shit turns out to fuck up or I get issues and this is simply because I'm a fucking I.T guy working with a car. i don't have the years of knowledge to say my way is right etc. i just jumping in the deep end, instead, he offered advice but the result was 100% perfect first go and resulted in a better seal. to me that was great.

CISCOKIDS
                The Gentlemen's Club
                Midnight Rocker

Comment

I've literally called him like "do you have a sec to chat." And he's like:

"Yeah I'm just out to dinner, no problem."

LOL. That's the kind of dude you want, exactly.

Comment

Working...
                  X