• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BLO 767
    replied
    I've literally called him like "do you have a sec to chat." And he's like:

"Yeah I'm just out to dinner, no problem."

LOL. That's the kind of dude you want, exactly.

Leave a comment:

• ROBAPHENT
    replied
    I will be going to him for some axle/driveshaft work. to turn my trusty old Toyota gearbox speed sensor into individual wheel sensors.

what I enjoyed about working with him was his advice, I have had a lot of issues with machinists/fabricators etc doing what I ask but not offering any advice and of course, shit turns out to fuck up or I get issues and this is simply because I'm a fucking I.T guy working with a car. i don't have the years of knowledge to say my way is right etc. i just jumping in the deep end, instead, he offered advice but the result was 100% perfect first go and resulted in a better seal. to me that was great.

Leave a comment:

• BLO 767
    replied
    Originally posted by sssgtr View Post

Ill probably get in touch with him to manufacture some new hubs if the driveshaft fuckery route is too hard.

He used to build cars for Larry Perkins?
    I don't know much about his past TBH, except that he's been around Aussie Motorsport for decades. Find any famous Oz race car and you can be sure he had something to do with it / built something for it / helped set it up.

Big into Sports Sedan AFAIK. The important thing is he's an absolute gun machinist / fabricator and only knows how to do things one way - the right way.
    Last edited by BLO 767; 25-09-21, 11:41 PM.

Leave a comment:

• TROLLA
    replied
    Rang the guy above, super nice and sounds legit, will send him some drawings for him to check out.

Leave a comment:

• sssgtr
    replied
    Originally posted by BLO 767 View Post
    Derek is a fucking legend. Period. Full of knowledge. Seen it all. Done it all. Reliable as all heck.

Not sure he has the capacity to make driveshafts from scratch but absolutely would NOT surprise me.
    Ill probably get in touch with him to manufacture some new hubs if the driveshaft fuckery route is too hard.

He used to build cars for Larry Perkins?

Leave a comment:

• BLO 767
    replied
    Originally posted by sssgtr View Post

Contacted Frank about a one off LSD based off one of his Pulsar LSDs. Basically told me to fuck off because he was "too busy".
    I wouldn't recommend anyone bother with him.
    Similar attitude I got, but in jest. He sent me some sample ARB blades (for free, though I bought other stuff) to dummy up for measurements etc.

Having done that, I've now tried to contact him multiple times to tell him what I need to get made, he hasn't gotten back to me or isn't interested. So the blades which were meant to be sent back will stay here until he does, even though I can't use them.

Leave a comment:

• BLO 767
    replied
    Derek is a fucking legend. Period. Full of knowledge. Seen it all. Done it all. Reliable as all heck.

Not sure he has the capacity to make driveshafts from scratch but absolutely would NOT surprise me.

Leave a comment:

• ROBAPHENT
    replied
    Motorsport Engineering Services

https://www.facebook.com/motorsportengineeringservices/

Have used them before for other things, and have been meaning to get to him but with lockdown and all have not. also found his information via this site so +1 PF for a decent recommendation

Leave a comment:

• sssgtr
    replied
    Originally posted by BLO 767 View Post
    LOL ^.

Agree on Driveline Services, cannot fault their service in NSW.

Frank at Modena is a funny one. Really keen to help me to begin with then went dark. Unsure if I'd use them TBH.
    Contacted Frank about a one off LSD based off one of his Pulsar LSDs. Basically told me to fuck off because he was "too busy".
    I wouldn't recommend anyone bother with him.

Leave a comment:

• sssgtr
    replied
    Originally posted by uuheels View Post
    Driveline Services at Acacia Ridge, or Hardy Spicer at Eagle Farm are probably your best bet.

I've used both, no probs.
    Ta, will give them a try.

Leave a comment:

• BLO 767
    replied
    LOL ^.

Agree on Driveline Services, cannot fault their service in NSW.

Frank at Modena is a funny one. Really keen to help me to begin with then went dark. Unsure if I'd use them TBH.

Leave a comment:

• Dogsballs
    replied
    Originally posted by TROLLA View Post

I am open to any and all suggestions
    Put a 9" in?!

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• TROLLA
    replied
    Originally posted by Madhatr View Post

People have been very hit and miss with their (DSS) products. Is it something g-force could make instead?
    I am open to any and all suggestions

Leave a comment:

• uuheels
    replied
    Driveline Services at Acacia Ridge, or Hardy Spicer at Eagle Farm are probably your best bet.

I've used both, no probs.

Leave a comment:

• Madhatr
    replied
    Originally posted by TROLLA View Post

I think his name is Frank? I rang and he was interested to see drawings, so that is way I will go or just straight to driveshaft shop USA.
    People have been very hit and miss with their (DSS) products. Is it something g-force could make instead?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X