Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gammaboy View Post
    Pfft, bottle of gas & a spool of wire for the welder, some cutting discs, some rhs and some sheetmetal - it's only expensive if you pay someone to do it for you.
    #lifemotto lol :D

Sent from my HTC_0P6B using Tapatalk
    RIP Carly - a smile to light the world.
    06/07/2011

http://www.performanceforums.com/for...#post842594902 - making little toys for the big boys

Comment

Fuck sorry for the cursive ...

06/07/2011

http://www.performanceforums.com/for...#post842594902 - making little toys for the big boys

Comment

Pfft, bottle of gas & a spool of wire for the welder, some cutting discs, some rhs and some sheetmetal - it's only expensive if you pay someone to do it for you.
        I would be, so it would be

Fantapants, would require new strut towers, bracing and mounting to chassis etc, it *should* be much less intensive than something like the s13 since the whole setup is fairly square and self contained (which is why I am considering it) but it's still a lot of work
        1988 AW11 9A-GTE - project #1 | 1984 MA61 1JZ-GTE - project #2

Originally posted by Walt Kowalski talking like a crazed hobo
        The major arrests will start from 1st January 2019.

Comment

Originally posted by trdee View Post
          I would be, so it would be

Fantapants, would require new strut towers, bracing and mounting to chassis etc, it *should* be much less intensive than something like the s13 since the whole setup is fairly square and self contained (which is why I am considering it) but it's still a lot of work
          Just had a look at some Google imaging #eyeverniersaredialledin and I recon you would go very close with using the stock shock location as coilovers with a bit of strengthening of you really wanted. But if it's anything like the ae86 rear shock towers there is plenty of meat to hold the body weight. I've run rear xoilovers there for over 10 years with no sign of the hats even separating. Obviously a hard driving style you might want extra support for price of mind :D

But I need to prove I can do it to mine before I start convincing people it really easy for them lol

06/07/2011

Comment

Looking at pictures of the hubs, I don't think they aren't going to take well to either welding and redrilling or rotating 45 degrees. There isn't a lot of meat in there...
            Imagination is more important than knowledge.

Comment

What sort of shoddy dodginess is it to redrill the wheels for a multifit? I have google imaged the back of the wheel face and it looks like they only have the full width of meat in the current drillings... Clocking the wheels 45 leaves the back face hollowed out...

06/07/2011

Comment

Originally posted by fantapants View Post
                I'm using coilovers at the rear so after a quick look there I not much in the way of doing something like this. Would take a bit of reworking of the lower inside of the wheel well and there might be clearance issues with the handbrake mechanism on disc brakes...
                piece of piss mate :D

Originally posted by Rdyno
                70ynu has to be the most retarded cunt here. "Help me please" me "you need to remove your head" him "fuck off cunt I'm to lazy fuck off out of my thread you told me to do something I don't want to do so you're a cunt fuck off can some one please tell me an easier way???"
                Originally posted by Tripper
                Its a tight battle between you and rogercordia for the most retarded member on here, thou i think you have it by 5 window licks

Comment

Hahha totally : D

06/07/2011

Comment

This bloke transplanted most of an MX5 under his Datsun 520 pickup :http://community.ratsun.net/topic/74...20-top-secret/

Comment

thankls for all the tips and advice guys

can someone help walk me through roll centres and stuff in terms of settling the cradle at the height i want to run looking to match front roll centres i guess
                      06/07/2011

Comment

The traditional rule of thumb is the lower wishbones should be close to horizontal. Without sitting down and reading a bunch of texts and spending a few hours crunching numbers in cad/excel/susprog3d, aim to install the mx5 rear end at it's stock (or slightly lowered) ride height. It'll be close enough, and you can tune the handling balance with springs and bars.
                        "Where can we get hold of a Vincent Black Shadow?" "Whats that?" "A fantastic bike," I said. "The new model is something like two thousand cubic inches, developing two hundred brake-horsepower at four thousand revolutions per minute on a magnesium frame with two styrofoam seats and a total curb weight of exactly two hundred pounds."

Comment

The traditional rule of thumb is the lower wishbones should be close to horizontal. Without sitting down and reading a bunch of texts and spending a few hours crunching numbers in cad/excel/susprog3d, aim to install the mx5 rear end at it's stock (or slightly lowered) ride height. It'll be close enough, and you can tune the handling balance with springs and bars.
                          Awesome that's what I was working on.

I'll get under the car and figure out the angles on the lca at the front then look at trying to match the roll centres roughly to that by using the flat at ride height method lol

06/07/2011

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Wilson View Post
                            Looking at pictures of the hubs, I don't think they aren't going to take well to either welding and redrilling or rotating 45 degrees. There isn't a lot of meat in there...
                            I think I have a spare pair of 1.8 ABS 4-stud hubs still in a crate in the garage. Will grab pics - but Ben might be right and the thickness varies - being thicker where the wheel studs are pressed through.

276mm rear rotors as per 2001-2005 NB should fit under the 15s. Otherwise the ~250mm setup will.
                            ---
                            Shed Project: 1994 Laser Lynx with BP-T

Comment

I've had a chat with my old boss about rewelding and redrilling and he is confidant we can do it easily enough. So I'll probably go that way. Is there something special about the whole for the spline to bed into or just a sligty smaller size jammed the fuck ? Lol

06/07/2011

Comment

If you mean stud holes there's nothing special. Small hole with splined stud as you'd expect.
                                ---
                                Shed Project: 1994 Laser Lynx with BP-T

Comment

Working...
                                X