Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheers that's what I thought but making sure lol

So current plan a frankendiff

Mx5 cradle.
    Its f series diff (mate has a good one free)
    Nodded hubs for 114.3

Sent from my HTC_0P6B using Tapatalk
    RIP Carly - a smile to light the world.
    06/07/2011

http://www.performanceforums.com/for...#post842594902 - making little toys for the big boys

Comment

What about nissan gtir? reasonably narrow, has an r180 which is f series size or upgrade to R200.
      Same setup as a subaru wrx. two transverse links and a trailing arm forward. Would be pretty straight forward to fit, I have a friend with one in a starlet rally car, packages nicely with flares

Comment

Worth considering for sure. Only issue for me would finding one I think. Not a common car at all here in Tas...

06/07/2011

http://www.performanceforums.com/for...#post842594902 - making little toys for the big boys

Comment

Originally posted by fantapants View Post
          I've had a chat with my old boss about rewelding and redrilling and he is confidant we can do it easily enough. So I'll probably go that way. Is there something special about the whole for the spline to bed into or just a sligty smaller size jammed the fuck ? Lol

I think the problem with re-drilling to a bigger PCD is that there won't be enough material to support the stud. Looking at the pictures online, moving each stud ~7mm out would put it real close to breaking through.

Could you run spacers to convert the stud pattern?

Originally posted by Marlin
          Chickens will slip under water in the cover of darkness like a seal team and FUCK YOU UP.

Comment

Yeah fuck you are right.

Just had a quick Google. Seems rx8 rear hubs are identical but 5x114.3
            Would have the right diameter but would have the reinforcements on the back in the wrong place...

Spacers I really don't want to run. I don't want the rear track any wider than it is currently. Already it's near 3 inchs a side wider...

So to compensate I would have to pull and extra 40mm out of the centre for a total of 140mm (doable) to accommodate some spacers thick enoub to run pcd changes lol.

Hmmmmmm still drawing board...

Thanks for al the advice and criticisms guys

06/07/2011

Comment

Subscribed
              Cheers, Richard

MX83 Cressida Grande - 1JZ-GTE Twin Turbo JZX81 Motor, Fr Suspension in, tailshaft made & installed, bigger fuel pump in, zorst, wiring, fmic done (thanks jzk25) BA rotors R33 Calipers Now REGISTERED going well
              '92 & '94 TF Holden Rodeo 2.8 TurboDiesel 4WDs - Daily Driver regular breaker/backup ute
              MS85 Crown Super Sedan - Farm Car - Running 3rd 4M - Future project
              '66 Jaguar E-Type 4.2 Manual Coupe
              '66 Jaguar S-Type 3.8 Auto Sedan
              - Long Term Jobs

Comment

Irs packages... Thought bubble

Thinking back to your hub problem.

It may be entirely possible that some other hub could fit. Mazda was/is a lot like Nissan at the level of interchangeability - just fewer people know about it all.

Pretty sure early (like 1983) FWD 626 and FWD 323 were 4x114.3 - although some where in Mazda's history 4x110 was also used!

The later 4x100 and 5x114.3 setups can be swapped into place of the 4x114.3 I think (at least some vague memory exists about it)...

Could be worth a wrecker crawl - get a 4x100 323 (89+) hub and an early 626 hub and compare.

You may be able to bastardise CVs etc to make shafts work as well...
                ---
                Shed Project: 1994 Laser Lynx with BP-T

Comment

Looked into e36 bmw rear ends? They are reasonably compact, easy to mod for different bmw diffs, wide variety of ratios, lsds easy to get and come with good brakes from factory.
                  Can pick up a whole car for under $500 these days on the main land.

And i mean coupe/sedan rear.. not hatchback (they are e30 style)
                  Originally posted by Rdyno
                  70ynu has to be the most retarded cunt here. "Help me please" me "you need to remove your head" him "fuck off cunt I'm to lazy fuck off out of my thread you told me to do something I don't want to do so you're a cunt fuck off can some one please tell me an easier way???"
                  Originally posted by Tripper
                  Its a tight battle between you and rogercordia for the most retarded member on here, thou i think you have it by 5 window licks

Comment

Have not considered this at all. But very good suggestion. I'll have a look later.

Currently I'm stoned out of my fucking mind trying to deal with being stabbed at the hospital lol.

How would modifying bolt patterns go ? And shrinking the housing for smaller track ?

Thanks for th continued advice lads.

I'm committed. The car will go

06/07/2011

Comment

On the rotisserie. Later this week if all goes well. I'll spend the time between now and fitting the cradle doing stitch welding of the whole car to give her a bit of a birthday.

I've got a basic plan for how to modify the cradle to minimise cutting of the floor and chasis.

I did have a question for those playing at home. If one was to remake the cradle in tube, how thick would the tube be ?

I'm thinking 38mm 1.6mm. I know this is thin. Roll cage tubing is usually 2.4. But I figure roll cage is designed to be structurally significant AND add safety from ingress in an accident. The cradle needs no added strength to compensate for sapplings.

So 38 x 1.6 mild - would this be simply too light a gauge for the loads of a suspension cradle ?

06/07/2011

Comment

Look up what people are doing to run IRS in Clubbies too.

They generally use a combo of OEM and bespoke bits like arms and diff cradles
                        ---
                        Shed Project: 1994 Laser Lynx with BP-T

Comment

Yeah have seen a bunch of those guys stuff. Ranges from awesome to cringeworthy lol

Most seem keen on the mx5 rear end. And I think the mx5 would be great. But it's a lot of mixing and matching to sort the details

06/07/2011

Comment

Also subscribed. I have a Mazda 1300 widebody that I plan to transplant an entire MX5 driveline and front setup into.

I think your MX-5 rear cradle idea is sound, I'd just get custom 4x114.3 hubs made. Surely someone in Tas could make you some (yes it would cost a fortune but then you'd get to run your cool wheels).
                            Originally posted by Stix Z
                            i'm upset i lost that video of that aboriginal woman taking a dump on a train that was on youtube
                            Originally posted by Jim
                            Sorry, am late to this thread. I have been protesting against whitey oppressors all morning with my people. I shall serenade this thread with my didge until nash comes in and puts it all into perspective.

Comment

Yeah I hear you. But like a lot of things this is being done as a very cheap idea. Nissan stuff is redicukousky cheap.

And easy to find here. Mx5 is a lot more. And harder to find ...

I know it sound stupid but I simply don't have the money to spend. If I can save a hundred dollars lol that's like 6weeks of actual saving...

06/07/2011

Comment

Yep, know the feeling. arse hanging out of pants with competing interests/hobbies.

I've been trying to find an 1.8 crashed MX5 for about two years, but I keep getting out manoeuvred by wreckers snapping them up.
                                Originally posted by Stix Z
                                i'm upset i lost that video of that aboriginal woman taking a dump on a train that was on youtube
                                Originally posted by Jim
                                Sorry, am late to this thread. I have been protesting against whitey oppressors all morning with my people. I shall serenade this thread with my didge until nash comes in and puts it all into perspective.

Comment

Working...
                                X