Performance Street Tyres

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Goodyear F1 Asymetric 2 on the front for water clearing. Important on a street tyre.

AD08R on the back for slightly more straight line grip.
    BMW M140i daily. Honda Odyssey family car.

Wakefield 1.07.386 (FG Falcon - Street Tyres 1.08.8) Marulan Short FG Falcon 43.4 SMP GP FG Falcon 1.48.1 Winton FG Falcon 1.35.4

Comment

Eagle F1's are a killer suggestion, best streeter I've ever had BUT they are not exactly quiet.

Comment

Its interesting, unlike a lot of the other options I have reviewed all three of these recommendations are readily available in both sizes (and none are too pricey based on a quick internet search).

235/40R18

Goodyear F1 Asymmetric 3

JAX - $239

Michelin Pilot Sport 4 ST

Jax - $219

Yokohama ADVAN NEOVA AD08R

Bob Jane - $319

245/40R18

Goodyear F1 Asymmetric 3

JAX - $295

Jax - $289

Bob Jane - $339

Comment

All good tyres but just make sure at Bob Jane it includes fitting and balancing
          they even charged me extra for taking the wheels off and on then to rub salt
          into the wounds they did the nuts up so tightly I broke 2 studs trying to undo them.
          Cost almost $100 extra for 2 wheels. I will never use Bob Jane again. Rant over

Comment

Originally posted by turbosurfer View Post
            All good tyres but just make sure at Bob Jane it includes fitting and balancing
            they even charged me extra for taking the wheels off and on then to rub salt
            into the wounds they did the nuts up so tightly I broke 2 studs trying to undo them.
            Cost almost $100 extra for 2 wheels. I will never use Bob Jane again. Rant over
            I used BJ in Artarmon for my last set of Neovas. The guys running the shop were real enthusiasts and hand tightened (used torque wrench) all the bolts. Guess it comes down to who is doing it.
            "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough horsepower." - Mark Donahue Penske Porsche 917

"In Japan we no give fark for Subaru" - Trust Japan Technical Director
            (TM - AVENGE)

"You can never have enough power. I remember when we had Group B cars... THEN we had enough power!"
            Juha Kankkunen - Rally of Argentina '02

Comment

Originally posted by HSV Senator View Post
              Its interesting, unlike a lot of the other options I have reviewed all three of these recommendations are readily available in both sizes (and none are too pricey based on a quick internet search).

235/40R18

Goodyear F1 Asymmetric 3

JAX - $239

Jax - $219

Bob Jane - $319

245/40R18

Goodyear F1 Asymmetric 3

JAX - $295

Jax - $289

Bob Jane - $339
              As a heads up Jax were doing 235/40/18 Michelin Sport 3's a while back for $185 in that size with $100 cashback so it was $160 per tyre.

Kmart have a store policy of matching anyone's price but I wanted the Goodyear Eagle F1's so I told Kmart that Jax were doing the F1's at the same price (They weren't but said I'd chance my arm). They matched Jax's price of $160 a tyre which was great value. Manager told me they normally don't sell Eagle F1's and were losing around $70 a tyre by selling to me at that price to get my business.

Comment

Might be a little off topic, but how do the likes of Federal RSR's, Achilles 123 and Kuhmo KU36 compare to the tyres mentioned. I'm looking for a 17" tyre to run on the rear of the 929 when it goes for street duties.

Projects:
                '90 2jz-gte 929
                '02 twin-locked TD42 GU Patrol

Comment

Originally posted by nine2nine View Post
                  Might be a little off topic, but how do the likes of Federal RSR's, Achilles 123 and Kuhmo KU36 compare to the tyres mentioned. I'm looking for a 17" tyre to run on the rear of the 929 when it goes for street duties.
                  KU36 is second string compared to Direzza II IMHO. Have not used Federal or Achilles and cannot comment as a consequence

Comment

Can't comment on the RSRs but I have the 595 Evos and they're pretty decent for a cheap fast road tyre. I run a 205/45/17 on my Evo.

Yet to see how much of an improvement the Neovas are, which appear to be a more aggressive tyre.

But the Federal 595 Evos seem to be comparable to the RE003s on the nopics Mini Cooper S, which are the same size, and similar weight car.
                    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough horsepower." - Mark Donahue Penske Porsche 917

(TM - AVENGE)

"You can never have enough power. I remember when we had Group B cars... THEN we had enough power!"

Comment

RSR are a really grippy tyre and good value. KU36 overrated imo.Cant comment on the 123s
                      itsnotagsr why 205s thats really narrow standard is 235 or is yours a early model?

Comment

Originally posted by nine2nine View Post
                        KU36 is very cheap. A little slower than AD08R, and they turn very rumbly and skatey in the wet with age, and they don't last that long. Good for the price, though, not much more than half the price for a set of AD08s.
                        Japanese Nostalgic Car - Dedicated to classic japanese cars

Comment

Originally posted by turbosurfer View Post
                          RSR are a really grippy tyre and good value. KU36 overrated imo.Cant comment on the 123s
                          itsnotagsr why 205s thats really narrow standard is 235 or is yours a early model?
                          Early model (hence the login name and meeting Southo at Thornleigh Maccas years ago).

215 is the maximum you can squeeze in, but some people need to roll guards etc to make them fit.

(TM - AVENGE)

Comment

Michelin pilots, best 18" tyre I have used on the street, very sticky

Comment

Thanks for the further info guys, right now I am leaning towards giving the Michelin Pilot Sport 4 ST a go. If the rears aren't stick enough I do have another pair of rims that I will add the Yokohama ADVAN NEOVA AD08R in 245 profile to and run those to instead.

Comment

Originally posted by BLO 767 View Post
                                Potenza RE003.
                                +1 especially when they are doing 4 for the price of 3.

Comment

Working...
                                X