Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can also get these in a 235/40/18

Been reading up a bit since HSV are rubbing one out saying they are the only car in the world to come stock with them

Apparently they are a couple of sec a lap quicker than R888's, but isn't everything

That said road legal

Who knows how many gold bars they cost

https://www.pirelli.com/tires/en-us/...-r#/size-range

Comment

60 treadwear. Open ur wallet.
      BMW M140i daily. Honda Odyssey family car.

Wakefield 1.07.386 (FG Falcon - Street Tyres 1.08.8) Marulan Short FG Falcon 43.4 SMP GP FG Falcon 1.48.1 Winton FG Falcon 1.35.4

Comment

Cool so they are $5 and a bunch of eftpos receipts

Comment

Thats just stupid, there are cars with far more performance demands than an HSV and they dont need to run factory r-comps lasting 4 months

Originally posted by Jim
          I feel that rules are important as without rules there is no cheating and cheating is a vital part of drag racing.
          Originally posted by elfturbomax
          What has happened to PF? It seems to be diesel love now days. Maybe the name should be changed to Particulate Forums.
          1UZ+1NZ...

Comment

HSVs are like an IQ test. If you buy one, you failed.

Comment

Come in a 205/50/15 surprisingly!
              "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough horsepower." - Mark Donahue Penske Porsche 917

"In Japan we no give fark for Subaru" - Trust Japan Technical Director
              (TM - AVENGE)

"You can never have enough power. I remember when we had Group B cars... THEN we had enough power!"
              Juha Kankkunen - Rally of Argentina '02

Comment

So I had held off replacing my tyres (car doesn't go far anyway) as I was going to replace the wheels but both types of rims I wanted are no longer manufactured and the BBS CH-R that were my 3rd choice have some difficult offsets for my car. So I think I will just stay with the standard wheels for now. Jax have specials on the two choices I was looking at (if you buy 4 tyres):

Michelin Pilot Sport 4 - $800

Bridgestone RE003 - $686

Both really well priced so no problem if I end up getting bigger wheels in the near future anyway but any further feedback before I pull the trigger?

Comment

I hear a lot more people rave about Michelin Pilot Sports than Bridgestone RE003.

Or am I thinking of Pilot Super Sport? Super Sport sounds more familiar...
                  Jaguar XJR, Freelander 2 HSE, Jaguar XKR, MINI Cooper S
                  Originally posted by nutttr
                  People must assume you are some sort of drug dealer with all these nice cars turning up to a fibro home

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Nicholson View Post
                    I hear a lot more people rave about Michelin Pilot Sports than Bridgestone RE003.

Or am I thinking of Pilot Super Sport? Super Sport sounds more familiar...
                    Pilot Super Sport are the ones people rave about, not available in my cars size but reports on the web (and a poster from earlier in the thread) suggest the Pilot Sport 4 is as good. The replacement for the Super Sport is the Pilot Sport 4S but that's not available in my cars tyre size either. So the standard Pilot Sport 4 is my only option.

The MCM team do love the RE003 though :D

Comment

Have RE003's on the LS E46, rate them highly so far. Not so impressed with Sportcontact 5P's. For a tyre that costs as much as it does, it's too soft in the sidewall, had to run them way too hard to keep them from falling over. Might be ok in a lighter car, but I took the money savings and took a punt on the RE003's this time. 235/40R18's are just over $200 a tyre. That's a bargain, the Conti is a bit over $100 more.
                      Originally posted by Buford T. Justice
                      This happens every time one of these floozies starts poontangin' around with those show folk fags.

Comment

Just put RE003 on my Golf R. Great so far. Have had F1's for the past 4 sets on a few cars, and will be interesting to compare. I suspect they will be better than the F1's.

Comment

Latest 2017 UHP tyre tests from Europe, for their Summer, seem to be rating the PS4 as the best allround
                          tyre. http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Article...-Tyre-Test.htm Have a look at that one,
                          and also look at the other tests. Unfortunately the RE003 is not a "rated" tyre in Europe and misses out
                          on many of the tests.

We are selling a lot of the PS4s now, I have them on two of my cars, and they are a noticeable improvement
                          in noise and wet performance over the PS3s. We also sell a lot of RE003s and users seem to come back to
                          buy another set.

My ute has PS3 on the front in 235/40R18 and PSS on the rear in 265/35R18. This has been a great
                          combo for the past year, but will be replaced with PS4 when the time comes.

I personally think the PS4 is a good allround choice, and so is the RE003, but the
                          PS4 is quieter by far. Too new to have a personal idea on mileage though.

In the interest of full disclosure, I own a Jax store.
                          Radical SR3
                          HSV R8
                          BMW 325ti Proddy Car

Comment

Junior's mate ran RE003s on his S15 at WP last weekend, they seemed to go ok. I checked them on the durometer, 5 points harder than Nitto NT-01s (tread wear of 100) and 10 points harder than the Nankangs we are currently running, which have a treadwear of 80.

Comment

I have RE003s on my nopics car and I find them to be very good.

Comment

Thanks for the responses guys, I was heading straight for the Michelins but keep hearing a lot of good things about the RE003. I have Bridgestone S01 on the car now and dont rate them but also have Pilot Sport 3 on the Lexus and probably want a better tyre then that for the Monaro. I am really only interested in dry grip while having the tyres as quiet as possible, longevity and wet weather performance don't matter for how I use the car. So it does seem that the Michelins are still the better choice for me.

Comment

Working...
                                X