Performance Street Tyres

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PS4 or RE003. Have been happy running RE002 and RE003 in 2 of my cars in all conditions. Given most people rave on about PS4 > RE003 from other forums, what's been people's experience with PS4? On looks alone, the PS4 looks pedestrian as opposed to RE003 that looks like a semi without being a noisy semi. Purpose is really for a run around but I like my spirited cornering.

Comment

Have the Michelin PS4S on the XKR, they are awesome so far.
      Jaguar XJR, Freelander 2 HSE, Jaguar XKR, MINI Cooper S
      Originally posted by nutttr
      People must assume you are some sort of drug dealer with all these nice cars turning up to a fibro home

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Nicholson View Post
        Ditto on my M3. PS4S is somewhat different to PS4 though.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Nicholson View Post
          Thnking up going up to 19s on my M135 so I can run PS4S.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

What to get in 205/50/15?

Lots of the options are limited in that size. I can still get KU31s and Hankook 618s. But lots of the tyre places are saying no go or A050 money for others.
            Chris
            ------
            The new nugget
            I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself. - D.H.Lawrence

Comment

I run yokie Advan Neova AD08's on my cars, and cant fault them.
              Easily handled 700hp in my ute for track day, and Racewars last year.

Comment

Originally posted by takai View Post
                What to get in 205/50/15?

Lots of the options are limited in that size. I can still get KU31s and Hankook 618s. But lots of the tyre places are saying no go or A050 money for others.
                I have that size Neovas. Bought them when they were 4 for the price of 3. Usually around $200 a piece.

I think you can also get RE003s which are pretty decent.
                "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough horsepower." - Mark Donahue Penske Porsche 917

"In Japan we no give fark for Subaru" - Trust Japan Technical Director
                (TM - AVENGE)

"You can never have enough power. I remember when we had Group B cars... THEN we had enough power!"
                Juha Kankkunen - Rally of Argentina '02

Comment

Needs some 245/40/19 for my SS ute - looking at KU39 @ 180 a pop. I know these probably won't compete with the turanza's that it came with.

Anyone tried these or the Dunlop Direzza DZ102's?

Comment

I have the Dunlop Direzza DZ102 on my Levin. Don't rate them much at all. OK in the dry, but not great levels of lateral grip. Pretty poor in the wet. I wouldn't buy them again.

Comment

Originally posted by StanM3 View Post
                      Thnking up going up to 19s on my M135 so I can run PS4S.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Pretty sure they'll be out in 18s soon.

Comment

Originally posted by hrd View Post
                        I have the Dunlop Direzza DZ102 on my Levin. Don't rate them much at all. OK in the dry, but not great levels of lateral grip. Pretty poor in the wet. I wouldn't buy them again.
                        so likely no good with 350hp either then hmmm...

Comment

Interesting video on the Michelin PS4 vs the PS4s vs PSC2.

As mentioned earlier in this thread I have the PS4 in 235/40r18, I have found these tyres really vague and a bit too soft in the firewall. In no way a track tyre but they are comfortable and quite grippy for a true road tyre. Since these PS4 probably don't suit my car I was very interested to see how the PS4s went in a direct comparison as I was considering upgrading if they ever bring the 18" PS4s to Aus so it's an informative video.

Comment

Great vid, thanks for sharing.

Bob Jane has a deal on Michelin at the moment, I've just organised a set of PS4S for a customer's car (XKR like mine).

FUCKING $1865 fitted, I paid $2600 fitted for mine a year ago
                            People must assume you are some sort of drug dealer with all these nice cars turning up to a fibro home

Comment

Just picked up the other XKR with the PS4S fitted. This one still has the open diff so it's a good comparison to mine with the LSD.

After "scrubbing off the mold release" I can say that damn the PS4S is a great tyre.

Comment

I'm going to move my 235/40r18 PS4 to our Golf GTi and pick up some 245/40r18 Pilot Super Sports. Technically going backwards but the PS4 are just not right for my car and Michelin have said no PS4S on the Horizon in my tyre size. I can only get the "MO" Super Sports, so "Mercedes Original" spec Super Sports. Is there actually any difference with these?

I'm still concerned that the 245/40r18 wont actually fit on the front and will rub the standard struts (Blistein insets with lowered Eibach springs) as I get very mixed responses on fitting that size tyre to the front of a VY/V2 Holden.

Comment

Working...
                                X