Nankang AR-1 R Spec tyre review

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not a huge concern when i do 1000kms a year in my straight piped, externally gated car..

Looking for something softer than my Nitto Invo's that i can launch with on a street surface / airport runway, but doesnt completely fuck the feel of a GTR (eg. drag radials)

Comment

Will definitely give a heap more grip than nitto invo.

Comment

It sounds like they work from cold better than NT01's?

Ive wheelspun to a high 10 at the strip, also trying to improve on that.. but concerned with doing 280+kph passes (and stopping) at the airstrip from lining up cold

Comment

Iím a big fan of these. Best bang for buck tyre Iíve ever used. While Iíd like to try something else, I think Iíll be getting another set of these once mine are gone.
          Rust is lighter than carbon fibre.

My Italian 510

Comment

Originally posted by yohoes View Post
            It sounds like they work from cold better than NT01's?

Ive wheelspun to a high 10 at the strip, also trying to improve on that.. but concerned with doing 280+kph passes (and stopping) at the airstrip from lining up cold
            Yes , thatís correct. We ran NT01s immediately prior to these.

But on the street they sound like your exhaust is dragging on the road. Youíve been warned.

Comment

What are the NT01's like on the road, noise-wise?

Comment

Originally posted by yohoes View Post
                What are the NT01's like on the road, noise-wise?
                NT01 fine for noise on the road. Quiet as. Ran them on back of the previous car for a few sets. Then again, car was so noisy it's hard to tell

I've run RA-1, R888, V70A and NT01 on 3 different road/race cars. All those tyres never had a noise problem. Maybe if you ran them on your bog stock whisper quiet daily you might hear them, but what muppet would do that?

Comment

Working...
                X