Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wheel alignment in Sydney

I recently had a local tyre place fit Michelin PS4 tyres with a full front and rear alignment done to my Monaro.

I have always previously had alignments done by Heasmans in Sydenham. This new alignment doesn't feel quite right compared to previous ones. I would guess it was setup purely for tyre longevity but either way the car feels worse. I am thinking about getting it redone at another shop. Heasmans are supposed to be the guns (they also supplied the suspension set up in the car) but I won't be going back there for work so need another option.

Who else is really good? I am thinking East Coast Suspension in Taren Point, any good experiences from people on here?

Is this the first time you have run the PS4s on the Monaro?

Comment

Originally posted by Sprinkles View Post
      Is this the first time you have run the PS4s on the Monaro?
      Yes, car previously ran Bridgestone tyres. I do have PS3 on my Lexus though.

Comment

Dave from East Coast Suspension is highly recommended.
        He aligned/set up my Taxi originally with tricks learned V8 Brute ute racing.
        BMW M140i daily. Honda Odyssey family car.

Wakefield 1.07.386 (FG Falcon - Street Tyres 1.08.8) Marulan Short FG Falcon 43.4 SMP GP FG Falcon 1.48.1 Winton FG Falcon 1.35.4

Comment

Con at pedders Granville does my shit. Never a complaint and the cars feel great after a full alignment.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
          Originally posted by Motherfucker Jones
          If you can't appreciate that then you are more narrow minded than the most mulleted, flanno, thong wearing, thong slapping, 253 owning, southern cross tatted, fuck off
          we're full stickered, VB drinking bogan you'll ever meet

Comment

Id agree with the Pedders Granville Mob. Visited once out of convenience as its local and was impressed enough Ive been back multiple times and they were very happy to re-adjust things I wasnt 100% happy with

For me not worth the trip to East Coast or Heasmans even though Ive been to the latter and had the former install and corner weigh coilovers.....

Comment

Thanks for the recommendations guys, I think Taren Point would probably be closer but they are both a bit of a drive so much the same.

Comment

Thread dig … because nopix' Commode needs new front boots, and while I know it's a waste of money 99.99% of the time I like the reputation the Michelin PS4S's have for wet-weather braking & turning performance.
                The car's only 27k km old, and apparently part of the reason it's eaten the front tyres a lot more quickly than the rears is the alignment.

Originally posted by nelsonian101 View Post
                Dave from East Coast Suspension is highly recommended.
                Is he still there?
                I often have Reasons to Shire, so that could work well.

Segue - anyone know about this PS4 vs PS4S thing? PS4S's seem more exxy.
                Soft roaders represent an excellent compromise between the needs of the hardcore 4x4 user and the convenience of a city hatchback. Its clear to see why they have become so popular in todays society.

Comment

Originally posted by Captiva Fan View Post
                  Thread dig … because nopix' Commode needs new front boots, and while I know it's a waste of money 99.99% of the time I like the reputation the Michelin PS4S's have for wet-weather braking & turning performance.
                  The car's only 27k km old, and apparently part of the reason it's eaten the front tyres a lot more quickly than the rears is the alignment.

Is he still there?

Yup, still there

https://www.eastcoastsuspensions.com.au/

They moved to Taren Point a few years back.

Comment

There was bugger all price difference in it when I bought PS4S. Different sizes - I seem to remember PS4 not being availablein at least one of the two I needed. Quite happy with them. General consensus seems to be PS4S > PSS > PS4 in outright performance, but PSS is an older model.

Plenty of comparisons around:
                    http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Article...S-vs-Cup-2.htm
                    https://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?t=1712776
                    http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Article...uper-Sport.htm
                    Last edited by Shonky; 08-10-19, 04:38 PM.

Comment

What about wet performance PS4 vs PS4S? PS4 also doesn't come in 19"

Is he still there?

Yes.

Comment

I have PS4 on my Monaro as I couldn't get PS4S in 18". I wouldn't recommend them if you like a bit of spirited driving through the twisties or steering feel. They have quite soft sidewalls and don't feel right, at least on my car. However, if you just want a comfortable tyre with excellent grip, you may be quite happy with them.

Comment

Originally posted by HSV Senator View Post
                          I have PS4 on my Monaro as I couldn't get PS4S in 18". I wouldn't recommend them if you like a bit of spirited driving through the twisties or steering feel. They have quite soft sidewalls and don't feel right, at least on my car. However, if you just want a comfortable tyre with excellent grip, you may be quite happy with them.
                          Thanks for that … for the sake of otherwise saving only $150, it sounds like the S is the way to go.

As an aside, it sucks when you go for a tyre & you're not quite happy with it … because it's hard to justify just ditching that ~$1500 you just spent on getting something different.
                          Tyre purchasing has always seemed a bit of a gamble to me, I'm told that even within a specific model made in a specific factory there are grades of what a particular production-line punches out … if a car manufacturer fits a particular tyre, the top-graded ones go to the manufacturer & the rest is sent for retail sales. And then there's the manufacture of tyres with the same model-number in different factories with different compounds (eg. French Michelins are apparently better than Chinese ones - for the Australian market a performance Michelin will be French unless you go to Tempe Tyres for example who'll parallel import "the same tyre" from China). And that's not to mention the fact that certain tyres suit certain cars better, making it hard to compare how our Commode will fare on a particular model of tyre even if I've found a review (which then doesn't have the 275 rears so again I can't directly compare).
                          Last edited by Captiva Fan; 09-10-19, 08:45 AM.
                          Soft roaders represent an excellent compromise between the needs of the hardcore 4x4 user and the convenience of a city hatchback. Its clear to see why they have become so popular in todays society.

Comment

I certainly would spend the $150 extra, that's nothing.

Yeah, I agree with your sentiments on tyres in general. I believe that this could be the case with the PS4, the Asia sourced versions are different to the Euro version as the reviews don't match the results. I'm not the only one with this opinion of the PS4 too I've noticed.

Comment

Is he still there?
                              Alternate option is to go and see Jordan @ Cox Automotive. He is just behind the Brick pit.

Comment

Working...
                              X