Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

S14 brake upgrade

Whatís the new hotness (ie cheapest) brake upgrade for an s14? R32?
    I own a two and a half litre Commodore

R33 GTST bigger rotor than 32gtst (296 vs 280)

Comment

Z32 twin turbo. Not sure if they are 280 or 296 tho.

Comment

R33 GTST 296mm x 30mm or R34 GTT 310mm x 30mm if you can find a set cheap (will need to drill upright for 14mm bolts for gtt brakes).

Comment

Are there kits or they just bolt on or ?..

Comment

z32 is 280 like 32gtst

Comment

Just bolt straight on

Comment

Can also just leave the s14 callipers and get dog bone adaptors from gktech and then run a 324mm x 30mm gtr rotor.

Comment

z32/r32 same as stock but alloy
                  r33 same caliper piston but larger spacing so bigger rotor (296?)
                  r34 same piston but lager spacing again (310), need to drill out knuckles to 14 mm from 12 mm. did this before up prices all over shop, i picked up a complete front set for $150 so worth it
                  32 GTR similar size to R33 GTS-t but weird thickness so rotors ect way more expensive
                  32 Vspec/ 33 GTR Brembo. What i went for mine, bolt on all round, need drum hubs on rear but can use non grt stuff so way more common ( what I went with for current car as bolt on) but price all over shop in alst year with GTR tax
                  Evo Brembos ... fronts not too hard with adapters, rears expensive to get working, skyline hubs, adapter brackets, z34 rotors ect
                  Infinity calipers , front only I think and way cheaper in America than here
                  CVs-t as above, cheap in America, no idea after conversion/ shipping
                  Seen one or 2 AMG 8 pot adapters floating around, front only I think

Comment

Originally posted by THE CHIEF View Post
                    Can also just leave the s14 callipers and get dog bone adaptors from gktech and then run a 324mm x 30mm gtr rotor.
                    This might be the go. Anyone know if engineers have an issue with dog bones?

Comment

r34 Gtt & 310mm rotors all bolt on per the earlier suggestion. Trim the disc backing plate and you're away. no dogbones required.
                      RB26......................Again

Comment

Originally posted by ALLMTR View Post
                        This might be the go. Anyone know if engineers have an issue with dog bones?
                        Not if made out of the right material and no welding, plus the right tensile bolts used.
                        Pain is temporary, quitting is forever - Lance Armstrong (drug cheat)

Comment

Originally posted by fly510 View Post
                          r34 Gtt & 310mm rotors all bolt on per the earlier suggestion. Trim the disc backing plate and you're away. no dogbones required.
                          Thatís going to involve research and risk (ie getting sent the right bits and knowing that they arenít) as opposed to clicking on gteckís website

Comment

so maybe im over thinking it but s14 calipers are cast iron as opposed to the alloy units used on other nissans. I still maintain a bolt on factory option such as r32 GTR (296mm) or r34 GTT is better then dogbone & iron calipers on 324mm rotors.

if you're clicking a website get yourself some braided lines as well. Made a difference on mine.
                            RB26......................Again

Comment

No research required, just buy a caliper and disc from the same skyline and bolt it on. No aftermarket parts required. My old bus had 32r calipers and discs.

You will also need a bigger skyline master cylinder as the bigger calipers take more fluid to move. I think I had a 33r master and a bolt on stopper brace. Worked well.

Sent from my VS Commodore eurovox headunit using Tapatalk
                              Tow car/camping bus: 2011 D40 Navara ST

Baby mobile: 2016 Nissan Qashqai

75 Mini Clubman club racer - DCOE powah

Comment

Working...
                              X