S14 brake upgrade

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd look to see what has the cheapest good pads. No sense paying GTR tax for marginally bigger disks when GTST brake pads might be heaps cheaper?
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough horsepower." - Mark Donahue Penske Porsche 917

"In Japan we no give fark for Subaru" - Trust Japan Technical Director
    (TM - AVENGE)

"You can never have enough power. I remember when we had Group B cars... THEN we had enough power!"
    Juha Kankkunen - Rally of Argentina '02

Comment

The iron calipers will be stiffer (ooo errr missus) and possibly give better pedal feel, but will suck at shedding heat.
      "Where can we get hold of a Vincent Black Shadow?" "Whats that?" "A fantastic bike," I said. "The new model is something like two thousand cubic inches, developing two hundred brake-horsepower at four thousand revolutions per minute on a magnesium frame with two styrofoam seats and a total curb weight of exactly two hundred pounds."

Comment

32 GTR are similar to 33 GTS-T but the disks are different thicknesses. AS less common the brakes rotors cost more.
        All Nissan non brembo 4 pots use the same pads Just rotors are different and legs/ clearance on the rotor to accomodate.

Buying from GKtech will probably be more of a hassle, with half the stuff needing modifying or breaking or not being great to begin with, rather than a complete bolt on stuff because nissan were lazy (bar r34 needing to drill out knuckles)

Comment

Originally posted by (Locky) View Post

Buying from GKtech will probably be more of a hassle, with half the stuff needing modifying or breaking or not being great to begin with, rather than a complete bolt on stuff because nissan were lazy (bar r34 needing to drill out knuckles)
          A lot of gktech stuff, yes but the calliper adaptors actually fit and work as advertised. Had a set on my r33, did over 20 track days braking from speeds in excess of 240 kph. No dramas with them at all, i didn't die, plus 324mm rotors can be had for as little as $150 brand new.

As far as engineering, thats a different ball game.

Comment

Mine are engineered (qld). I have adapters on rear for 300mm disc as well.

Comment

Cheapest and best imo is r33gtst. Bolts right on. Engineer wont bat an eyelid. R34 is larger but more $$ r33 GTSt fits under stock wheels also.

Comment

Wilwood do a 4 piston kit. Uses factory Hub, just new rotor/caliper/pads etc

Comment

Originally posted by Staples View Post
                  Cheapest and best imo is r33gtst. Bolts right on. Engineer wont bat an eyelid. R34 is larger but more $$ r33 GTSt fits under stock wheels also.
                  I did exactly this. I even removed my ABS and no one noticed anything different.
                  Get your hands off my penis!

Comment

Evo 8 brembos with discs. secondhand $600
                    online dog bones. $160
                    bolt on
                    done
                    Originally Posted by Tut
                    THEY SHOULD ANALYY RAPE THEMSELVES WITH A FUCING CACTUS UPSIDE DOWN WITH COCONIUTS AND PINEABPPLES AS CHRISTMAS BALLS THE FUCKNIG THIEVENG CUNTS ID RATHER DIE FROM HAVING A RAINBOW UNICORN URETHRALLY RAPE ME THAN TO FUCKNIG DO BUSINESS WITH THEM CUTNST EVER AGAN

Comment

R33 GTST with new discs, bolt on for around $600

Simple, easy and solid.
                      Chris
                      ------
                      The new nugget
                      I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself. - D.H.Lawrence

Comment

Working...
                      X