Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Steering column splines - Any shops that do this?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Steering column splines - Any shops that do this?

In the process of fabricating a new steering column and need one end of the column splined to match the factory ujoint on the steering rack..

are there any companies in Aus that can do this??
    /csh Racing

Dunno if its close to you but
    c-mac industries were able to machine me a thingamajig with a spline at one end which mated to a nissan airbag equiped wheel...so imagine they could handle the spline at the other end of the column.
    They needed the wheel and a std splined bit of column as templates.
    Was exxy but possible.
    Make it clear its not going on a road going car (even if it is)!

https://www.cmac.com.au/

Comment

Or try stock pieces if you know spline count and lengths required ... www.borgeson.com

EMA in Albury are agents and carry a reasonable stock

I have used Rob Crichton in Melbourne to spline steering shafts and axles but it is expensive. He operates as RobCo Engineering but I suspect your are in Sydney so maybe not convenient

Comment

Any gear cutter (or decent oldschool machine shop) should be able to do splines for you.
        "Where can we get hold of a Vincent Black Shadow?" "Whats that?" "A fantastic bike," I said. "The new model is something like two thousand cubic inches, developing two hundred brake-horsepower at four thousand revolutions per minute on a magnesium frame with two styrofoam seats and a total curb weight of exactly two hundred pounds."

Comment

I had a splined intermediate steering shaft made in Nowra, so shouldn't be to hard to find somewhere that does it!
          List of cars goes here

Comment

what about using a double D to spline uni ?
            List of cars goes here

Comment

Working...
            X