Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

volvo brakes

I know they are quite old now but i have a set of ate and another of girling four spot calipers. Both need a clean and a new seal kit.
    Any one got a hook up? Repco don't do a seal kit and i kind of don't want to get raped in sweden for them to be sent here.

or is there a similar caliper that would be a good replacement?
    Originally posted by Carroll Smith
    The price of Man in motion is the occasional collision.
    Royalpurple Oils

I used to get mine serviced at BGT Brake Services in Hawthorn (Vic). 15 years ago now but they are still there I think

555 Burwood Road Hawthorn VIC 3122 03 9819 3878

Comment

Swedish wreckers /viking motors in Keillor should be able to help.
      .... because every driver experiences the destructive potential of the effortless surge of power available through the smallest of body movements.

Dr Hoon

DrNick is king!!!! No, Mark Webber is now! Long live the king!... hold on a minute mate, Ricci is in charge now

Comment

cheers everyone.
        Royalpurple Oils

Comment

Try IPD in the US. They will have stuff to you in a week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

thanks marty.

I wish i could get an old IBS/PBR catalogue and order the dust cver seals. everything is easy
            Royalpurple Oils

Comment

If this is for 240 brakes, RockAuto also carries a lot more of that stuff than you'd expect, and although I like to support IPD it's oddly common for RockAuto to have more choice.
              Soft roaders represent an excellent compromise between the needs of the hardcore 4x4 user and the convenience of a city hatchback. Its clear to see why they have become so popular in todays society.

Comment

sussed out veales and they have two kits coming for $57 all up l
                Royalpurple Oils

Comment

Originally posted by Captiva Fan View Post
                  If this is for 240 brakes, RockAuto also carries a lot more of that stuff than you'd expect, and although I like to support IPD it's oddly common for RockAuto to have more choice.
                  Common swap onto older euros, walloth n nesche or fritz bits would have all the parts no issue. Getting harder to find here.

Iíll checkout rockauto, Iím tossing up to go willwoods or the 240 route on my e21.
                  Originally posted by Faux Forg
                  I agree with Rdyno

Comment

I don't know your E21 project Ö but IMHO if it's
                    (a) for track use with a decent budget or
                    (b) one of those perfectly neat inside-and-out cars with all the good bits going on it or
                    (c) a full resto
                    then if it were me I'd choose the Willwoods. The Volvo brakes weigh a shit-tonne & the pad surface-area isn't that huge. An easy upgrade for 240's (when you don't want to fit the huge wheels you need to make the not-that-expensive S60R fronts fit) is single-pot Series V RX7 brakes Ö the fact they're single-pot & 80's & still work better kinda says how old-tech the 70's Volvo brakes are.
                    Soft roaders represent an excellent compromise between the needs of the hardcore 4x4 user and the convenience of a city hatchback. Its clear to see why they have become so popular in todays society.

Comment

Older Aussie Racing Cars used the volvo 4 pots. If you were up here, I would have suggested Burt Bros as having the kits or knowing where to get them, going offshore for $20 worth of dust boots and seals seems a little extreme to me.

Comment

Working...
                      X