Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MK6 Golf R. Creaking front pads.

Collapse
X
Collapse
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    MK6 Golf R. Creaking front pads.

    Had discs and pads put on the Golf before Christmas. DBA 4000 series slotted rotors and Brembo pads.

    All was good until the top had been knocked off the pads and they now make a creaking noise when you're stationary and come on and off the pedal with a bit of force. Initially thought the caliper slides may have been a bit dry so had them cleaned up. Didn't fix the problem though. It felt as though the pads were maybe a little tight in the caliper.

    Ended up taking it back to the guys that fitted it all and they've just told me that the pads seem to be moving laterally on the disc when a bit of force is applied. The pads aren't loose in the caliper or anything, floating calipers just means that they move a little with some pressure on the pedal.

    Am I being sold bullshit here? He reckons changing the pads won't do anything and that it's likely the discs. Not that there's anything wrong with them.......they're aftermarket parts which can have things like this happen.

    Thoughts Euro experts?

    #2
    Originally posted by willsy01 View Post
    Had discs and pads put on the Golf before Christmas. DBA 4000 series slotted rotors and Brembo pads.

    All was good until the top had been knocked off the pads and they now make a creaking noise when you're stationary and come on and off the pedal with a bit of force. Initially thought the caliper slides may have been a bit dry so had them cleaned up. Didn't fix the problem though. It felt as though the pads were maybe a little tight in the caliper.

    Ended up taking it back to the guys that fitted it all and they've just told me that the pads seem to be moving laterally on the disc when a bit of force is applied. The pads aren't loose in the caliper or anything, floating calipers just means that they move a little with some pressure on the pedal.

    Am I being sold bullshit here? He reckons changing the pads won't do anything and that it's likely the discs. Not that there's anything wrong with them.......they're aftermarket parts which can have things like this happen.

    Thoughts Euro experts?
    Speak to Kabab - get different pads and see if that fixes it? Cheaper than disks.
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough horsepower." - Mark Donahue Penske Porsche 917

    "In Japan we no give fark for Subaru" - Trust Japan Technical Director
    (TM - AVENGE)

    "You can never have enough power. I remember when we had Group B cars... THEN we had enough power!"
    Juha Kankkunen - Rally of Argentina '02

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by itsnotagsr View Post

      Speak to Kabab - get different pads and see if that fixes it? Cheaper than disks.
      That's the funny part.......bought DBA pads from him in the first place but DBA screwed him over with part numbers which resulted in me having to send them back.

      DBA keep two versions of their parts catalogue. One for retail which is what you see on their website and one for trade which is not visible to the public. DBA do a rubbish job of keeping them aligned and Kabab's site pulls the info from their retail catalogue.....which is the one they don't update properly.

      It's worth a try but i'm reluctant to throw more money at the problem. I've been bent over by cars in the last couple of months and I'm not on a standard PF level salary.

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by willsy01 View Post

        That's the funny part.......bought DBA pads from him in the first place but DBA screwed him over with part numbers which resulted in me having to send them back.

        DBA keep two versions of their parts catalogue. One for retail which is what you see on their website and one for trade which is not visible to the public. DBA do a rubbish job of keeping them aligned and Kabab's site pulls the info from their retail catalogue.....which is the one they don't update properly.

        It's worth a try but i'm reluctant to throw more money at the problem. I've been bent over by cars in the last couple of months and I'm not on a standard PF level salary.
        No worries.

        You could always get the cheapest piece of shit pads, chuck them in, drive around the block, see if it changes?
        "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough horsepower." - Mark Donahue Penske Porsche 917

        "In Japan we no give fark for Subaru" - Trust Japan Technical Director
        (TM - AVENGE)

        "You can never have enough power. I remember when we had Group B cars... THEN we had enough power!"
        Juha Kankkunen - Rally of Argentina '02

        Comment

        Working...
        X