Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gland Nut?

Fitting some 90/10 inserts to VN struts- does anyone know if the gland nut has a specified torque setting (or even how the you’d measure it).

Im still trying to loosen the existing nut and I’m unsure if the setting is “fucking tight” or if they’re the originals and a couple of decades of use has effectively welded them in place. I’m just going to take them to a workshop to have them removed after accepting defeat, but knowing whether or not I’m going to be able to tighten them at home would be good.

I thought they were VFT and need a FBH and pin punch to undo/do up.

Don't mention the adBlocker !!

Comment

Well, I couldn't do it and the mechanic I took them to succeeded in snapping the top off the gland nut so I guess we can confirm VFT.

The old bloke at Pedders reckons he can unfuck the situation with some heat and an air chisel so I'll drop them off to him tomorrow and see how it goes.
      Last edited by MILD; 06-05-20, 04:18 PM.

Comment

Think these are basically the same as VB-VL if so I don't remember anything difficult about removing them. Unless someone decided to use loctite on them.

Comment

Yeah- sounds like that was the case.

All sorted now- the snapped one needed some heat and an air chisel, the other one just some heat and then twisted out no worries.

Comment

Working...
          X