Setting up FC RX7 suspention

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Setting up FC RX7 suspention

Starting to think about the suspension setup for the FC.

rather than just throw bars, braces and bushes at it and pray it comes out alright. Any one have some experience?

Looking to set it up for track/street
    Last edited by mad_cow; 11-05-20, 10:09 AM.

MCA coilivers, rear steer eliminator bushes, reinforced/fabbed diff nose mount. Don't bother with bars until you have done that, thry are more likely to cause problems.

Comment

Originally posted by Slides View Post
      MCA coilivers, rear steer eliminator bushes, reinforced/fabbed diff nose mount. Don't bother with bars until you have done that, thry are more likely to cause problems.
      What about things like control arm bushes? I suspect these are OEM. Do I go super pro or nolathane or something else?

Thanks for the tip about the diff nose mount. Is there anything else like that I should be doing to prevent me from having a bad time if I put some power down?

Comment

If running poly in genuinely mobile bushes like control arms lube before assembly and tighten at ride height to maximise life.

I'm FD these days and went factory pillow ball replacements in all the suspension joints. I think there was feedback on one or two brands having better poly life when I did my SA22C but I can't remember.

FC turbo driveline is reasonably solid other than the diff mount. There is still potential to do half shafts and gearbox especially 3rd (like most longitudinal boxes) with heavy abuse on good rubber. Probably ideal to replace cast flywheel with auto counterweight and billet flywheel with a new clutch if pushing power/revs.

They are a nice car to drive when stiffened up.

Comment

If running poly in genuinely mobile bushes like control arms lube before assembly and tighten at ride height to maximise life.

I'm FD these days and went factory pillow ball replacements in all the suspension joints. I think there was feedback on one or two brands having better poly life when I did my SA22C but I can't remember.

FC turbo driveline is reasonably solid other than the diff mount. There is still potential to do half shafts and gearbox especially 3rd (like most longitudinal boxes) with heavy abuse on good rubber. Probably ideal to replace cast flywheel with auto counterweight and billet flywheel with a new clutch if pushing power/revs.

They are a nice car to drive when stiffened up.

I have got the engine setup with an auto counter weight, and a light flywheel. It all has been balanced together.

Ill just go for who ever has the largest range in poly I think. Seems like lots of them are drying up. I cant seem to find any local suppliers of rear steer eliminator.

Comment

So got a couple of polybushes for the rear from Whiteline

Shit thing is, their website diagram is wrong. I cant for the life of me work out where one if the bushes go. W61968
            doesnt seem like any reasonable place for it to go.

Any help would be good. Whiteline seem to be on holidays.

Comment

Sweet. I’ve just done mca’s, will start doing the rest.
              Attached Files
              Originally posted by Walt Kowalski
              Memes are only detectable by NSA.

Comment

The MCAs are really nice, rebushing, especially the rear steer eliminators should give you a lot of confidence in what it us doing. I love driving my FD the way it's set up now, just needs enough power to light semis.
                Last edited by Slides; 31-12-20, 07:06 PM.

Comment

I am about to buy the rear steer eliminator and the solid diff mount.

Is there any/much difference between the solid rear steer mounts and the maztrix ones?

Comment

Probably best to search Ausrotary tech or the model specific thread for feedback, it's been a long time since I helped my mate install his, can't recall which ones he used.

Comment

Working...
                    X