Z32 wheel hop prevention

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Z32 wheel hop prevention

I have been loosely chasing this for ages now, but still nothing fixes it.

I have replaced:
    Shocks - Koni
    Springs - OEM height, but stiffer.
    Diff bushes - energy suspension
    Subframe bushes - energy suspension
    Engine mounts are good.

I have not touched the rear control arm bushes yet. Before I go doing them is there anything else I should be looking at (easier) first? Its alot of work to replace them to find something like subframe collars will fix it.

On an FD, the thing that seems to make the most difference is to stiffen the toe arm and radius rod bushes

Z32 has a toe arm, maybe replacing that with a pillowball one might help
    Japanese Nostalgic Car - Dedicated to classic japanese cars

Comment

The rear suspension setup is different on the Nissans. It doesn't have the toe arm. its all done with the lower control arm, which makes me think the lower control arm needs new bushing.

Comment

Stiffen every joint you can. If that still doesn't get it you may need to alter wheel travel path in compression (anti-squat) with eccentric bushes or new arms, change the driveline harmonics (stiffer tailshaft assembly), stiffer gearbox &engine mounts, brace the diff directly to body to reduce it rolling back in the cradle with power pulses.

Also either more clutch slip off the line, or stickier rubber that still drives with significant slip and heaps more power to light it up properly. #420rwkwBlazeit
        Last edited by Slides; 09-11-20, 07:03 PM.

Comment

I have no answer on the wheel hop, but if you are thinking about the energy suspension bushes for your suspension arms, id suggest something else.

They are super tight on the pins and have a huge amount of friction to the arms. Much more than normal poly bushes.

Comment

Thanks guys. I am thinking I will get new suspension bushes and, as much as I don't look forward to doing it.

I was thinking of getting Super Pro for the arms, any experience with them Vs whiteline, nolathane etc?

Comment

Had another look at the koni shocks. They are adjustable.

One side was on the stiffest setting, the other was on the softest. I somehow doubt this will fix it, but I'll check anyway.

Comment

Probably another 200kw would sort it
                3D scanning
                3D modelling
                Structural certification
                3 and 5 axis milling

Comment

Originally posted by PLAYA View Post
                  Probably another 200kw would snap it
                  fify

Comment

Working...