275/60/15 MT3754X - 15x8 or 15x10?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

275/60/15 MT3754X - 15x8 or 15x10?

Setting up for a new 9 inch in my VR ute for radial racing and have a set of Weld Draglites that are 15x8 5.5" BS.

I've cut the wheel arches out to mini tubs and the tyres and rims fit fine.

Measuring up for diff width but noticed MT site lists 9.8" tread width and rims should be +/- 1 inch.

Any real world experience that has noticed a benefit of going 15x10?

I assume the 15x8's wont wear the best being narrower?

Better 60' times on 15x10?

Wider = better. If you can fit a 10in rim, do it.
    Originally posted by piss98
    I wish Kochie would get blown out to sea and never found, in fact most of those dumb cunts standing in the rain telling people not to stand in the rain need to get fucked. Stupid tart on the news last night talking to the weather guy "wow you look totally drenched there whateverthefuckhisnamewas." No shit you vapid bitch he is standing in a fucking cyclone.

Comment

Originally posted by 2rismo View Post
      Wider = better. If you can fit a 10in rim, do it.
      Yeah gathered that as much.

Was more a question of is it worth it buying 2 x new Weld Draglites in 15x10...$$$ per 60' tenth etc.

Comment

If it's worth a whole tenth in the sixty then it's worth the purchase. If your 8s are in good nick you'll get good money for them, too. Everything's in short supply.
        Originally posted by piss98
        I wish Kochie would get blown out to sea and never found, in fact most of those dumb cunts standing in the rain telling people not to stand in the rain need to get fucked. Stupid tart on the news last night talking to the weather guy "wow you look totally drenched there whateverthefuckhisnamewas." No shit you vapid bitch he is standing in a fucking cyclone.

Comment

Would have lot more sidewall width on 10' rims...might need cut out middle section of inner wheel arch otherwise end up sitting like a four wheel drive.

Plan to do similar on a vp ute except split & widening factory tub,modify or cut out isnide middle of wheelarch so it will sit lower & better lower control arm angle...probably Pro9 lower arms,whiteline adjustables for top + whiteline bumpstop...vl wagon diff 15x7 chaser with 255/60 tyre.

Want it to have factory look to get 60 day/club rego.

Have 295/50/60 on 15x10 rim in tubbed vh...that rim would be even tighter fit in a ute.

Sidewall width is what you need to be looking at but at stupid prices for another set of rears I'd try 8.5' rims first.
          Last edited by gtrboyyy; 22-09-21, 03:03 PM.

Comment

A lot will depend on how much load you will be putting through them. I run glued 9 inch rims and would only go to 10 inch if I went beadlocks

PS: Build thread!?!!!
            Last edited by ALLMTR; 23-09-21, 10:49 PM.
            I own a two and a half litre Commodore - 8.93 at 142mph

Comment

Working...
            X